Aromatic Medicine Institute is a Professional Training Establishment specialising in Aroma Science, Aromatherapy and Reflexology.
We have been successfully training International and New Zealand students for over 20 years and we are based in the seaside resort town of Nelson, renown for its accent on wellness and lifestyle.
Shelley Monrad, the Principal is a leader in her field in NZ and has over 25 years of experience and is well educated to offer up to date, relevant industry demand training in our specialised programmes of study offered at Aromatic Medicine Institute. Shelley has worked with NZQA in the Targeted Review of Qualifications for Complementary Medicine.
We are currently located in the iconic SBL building, on Trafalgar St, which is one of Nelson’s historical buildings, dating back to 1864. Its location is central to the shopping district, the Nelson Markets, City Library & Museum, Cathedral and Nelson cafe scene makes for a very pleasant experience.
Our mission is to offer students the platform to excel in their chosen pathway and to have qualifications that are recognised and respected within NZ and around the world.
Aromatic Medicine Institute was established in 1995. It is approved and accredited both Nationally & Internationally with:
- The International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists, (UK) – www.ifparoma.org
- The International Therapy Examination Council (UK) – www.itecworld.co.uk
- The New Zealand Register of Holistic Aromatherapists (NZROHA) – www.aromatherapy.org.nz
- The New Zealand Reflexology Association (NZR) – www.reflexology.org.nz
- The International Aromatherapy & Aromatic Medicine Association www.iaama.org.au
No other school in Australasia offers this level of training or has attained such recognition in both Aromatherapy & Reflexology. We have in class training and correspondence courses available. We welcome students from all over the world.