The Certificate in Anatomy & Physiology is the 'foundation' upon which all other Complementary, Aromatherapy, Beauty, Reflexology and Sports Therapy awards are based.
What is Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology?
- The science dealing with the form and structure of living organisms.
- Field of biological sciences which focuses on the description of body structures of living things.
The science which relates to the function of organs and organ systems.
Branch of biology which looks at how the organs/ organ systems work within the body and respond to challenges.
- Branch of medical sciences which involves the study and diagnosis of disease through surgical examination of organs, tissues, biopsy samples, body fluids, in certain cases the whole body (autopsy).
What do I gain from this qualification?
You have a choice to gain either or both:
1. An in-house Certificate of Anatomy & Physiology
2. An ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology for Complementary Therapies.
What do I call myself after I gain this certificate?
There is no specific title for this qualification.
However it is useful if you are wanting to train as a Complementary therapist, either, Aromatherapy, Reflexology, Massage etc. Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology is usually a pre-requisite for these qualifications.
The Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology Course Structure is:
Made up of 12 units encompassing all systems of the body:
- Unit 1: The Chemistry of Life & Pathology
- Unit 2: The Cells, Tissues and the Skin
- Unit 3: The Skeletal System
- Unit 4: The Muscular System
- Unit 5: The Nervous System
- Unit 6: The Human Senses
- Unit 7: The Endocrine System
- Unit 8: The Circulatory System
- Unit 9: The Lymphatic and Immune System
- Unit 10: The Respiratory System
- Unit 11: The Digestive System
- Unit 12: The Urinary & Reproductive Systems
What is my commitment?
You need to allow time for approx. 400-hour course, approx. 10 hours per week for 42 weeks of study.
This course can be done completely online. NO NEED TO COME TO NELSON, NZ to attend.
Upon confirmed enrolment you will be allocated a log-in to the learning platform. This up-to-date, modern on-line training makes this subject informative, interactive and achievable for students. There are videos, diagrams, power point slides and quizzes embedded into each unit.
Who is this course designed for?
1. People who know nothing at all about anatomy, physiology or pathology. 2. Students needing to produce a qualification in anatomy, physiology or pathology in order to complete a qualification, i.e. Reflexology 3. Students who wish to start the process of obtaining ITEC qualifications. i.e., Aromatherapy, Reflexology etc.
When can I start?
Anytime! However, when you do, you will be enrolled in one of the intakes below once we receive all your required enrolment information.
The Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology qualification consists of six intakes every year on the months of
February, March, May, July, September and November.
Each intake is called a “cohort”. Each “cohort” starts on the first Monday of the intake month.
Please view this enrolment brochure for more details